Monday, August 18, 2008

SUMMER BREEZE

I have been a flower in an orchard
So high I have lifted myself with pride.
The sun always shone on me
With the down-pour that made me grow so free
And I would dance along with the summer breeze.
Pick me not; I would say
To ones coming around to play
Down on their knees they would beg
Till it got really sad
They swore I would shrink and fade
But in silence I sang the song of faith.
The next summer came;
Higher I grew with my beauty fame
With the glow that would never end.
I felt a gentle breeze
That tendered my soul
And housed my mind
While its coolness stretched to the corners of my heart
My pride then faded away
I felt my roots let go off the ground.
To stay firm I really tried,
But the love breeze swept me away
To wherever it sweeps me, I am willing to stay.

BY THANDEKA SIBIYA

No comments: