Monday, August 18, 2008

NOT FOREVER

The rusty padlock, the key doesn’t fit
They both belong
But it’s been pretty long trying to open
It all feels broken
I push and twist forth
Back I twist and pull
The mother of success grows thin
Thinner and thinner.

Emotions have tied
Earthly, I lie down and die
But the spirit, like the sun, rises beautifully
The enemy, like dew, fades gravely.
Like an eagle, spreading wings widely, I run endlessly
To the world I have known for so long
And that’s where I belong.

The struggle, the pain, the tears
I feel the lump in my throat
Dragging myself to the river, Oh, damn, it’s muddy
The long journey has got me thirsty
I can no longer move, my feet are swollen
Surely, somewhere the bee has got the pollen
But I haven’t reach my destiny
Yet I already feel like a dummy.

The mist…maybe I’ve missed the path
My eyes are slightly closing; I can not see.
But within, where it’s deep, more than the oceans
The spiritual eye opens the one that never closes.
I have rose and fell, been back and forth
I have been left like a bird with no wings
For the prey thought it left me weak.
But what’s once inside, can always emerge outside
Like the seed opening its life to the world
Prepared to face the drought, storms and floods.


I once felt a lump in my throat
But now I feel the light blazing in my thoughts
For the pain is the air to breath along the journey
But success is the price dedication, the price of patience
That waits on the mountain peak,
For the hero within me to reach.
Yea, for the hero within me to reach.

WRITTEN BY THANDEKA B SIBIYA

No comments: