Monday, August 18, 2008

THOU SHALL BE IT

Mornings we have all rose up and seen
Sun dawns we have all watched
Like two doves in a hurricane we have been
Though hope once faded, we survived.
During the moments when I felt weak,
You were the strongest branch I could hold on to
And that tip of the tree I then reached.
Why do you then leave me friend; you cry
I have not left you friend; I deny
Time hath come to complete thy journey
For we are all heading to a destination
I shall then call it a promotion
From earthly achievements to heavenly ones
For nay one ever dies
But everyone will enter the house he has built
And for now, mine is complete.

Like two roses in a garden of joy we have been
Our sweet petals tickling one another
So close we have been like sister and brother
But today the hawk chose me for a meal
So beautiful we have been like the sun setting down the hills
But today I shall shrivel and fade
For the ground has dried
Gravely, I shall then lie.
Oh friend! Do not cry
For still the rain will pour on you
So bloomy and taller you will grow
Like the morning star you shall glow
For now I have to be gone
Bow and utter with me;
-Thou shall be it-

THANDEKA SIBIYA

No comments: