Monday, August 18, 2008

MISS BEING IN A COCOON

This is where my creation was composed
Where I was placed,
After being created, molded and shaped
My creator reputed me as being freed
As I was naturally covered
How good it felt, as I lain on that bed
Of no man’s world.
Oh, that life was worthy to be enjoyed

I was beloved as I wasn’t exposed
Into this self-centered world
With its mysteries I cannot put into words

My eyes were closed, but I wasn’t blind
My hands were fisted, but sure I wasn’t fighting
The weather was always warm and calm;
No rain ever poured,
No drought ever stroke,
No wind ever blew,
No bird ever flew
And no tree ever grew
…But I did…
Yea! I was the only one who was growing there
The only one who was breathing there.
I can say I owned the world
But for how long?
Only nine months, then I was out…
And will never be back again

WRITTEN BY THANDEKA SIBIYA

No comments: