Thursday, March 27, 2008

An open letter to Nozizwe

3. An open letter to Nozizwe

This poem is dedicated to a certain lady I met in Edgewood.

Nozizwe, Queen of my heart.
These few words ‘I sent’them to you.
Alone and lonely in my room,
lonely because of your absence.
I have written them.

With my trembling hands
yearning for your hold
I have written them.

Umpteenth times I have tried to explain
but I could see that words alone
could not show how much I adore you.
Like sea my love to you is of unknown depth
it is deeper than I could explain in spoken words.
But the words are the only thing I have at the
moment to express my sentiments to you.
So what should I do?
Should I give up?

If my words are of no value to you.
If my words could not make you to realize the truth.
Should I stop telling it to you?
But it won’t help to stop,
it will rather worsen my life.

I wonder why god has ‘made’ love.
If it has to drives ones life so awry and ugly,
like it did to my life.
Why god made love?
If it has to drives ones mind so crazy
like it did to me.
So love leaves me alone

No comments: